Starting August 16, St. Andrew’s will be offering a limited reopening of a single weekend service (Sundays at 10 a.m.) at a reduced capacity and following recommended CDC and United Methodist Church . Safety is our top priority - not just for attendees but for our staff and volunteers.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON SUNDAY MORNING
- Face masks will be required. Masks will be available if you do not have one.
- Eat breakfast before you come and bring your own beverage. We will not be serving coffee, tea or donuts.
- KidMin Worship and Childcare will not be available, please plan to sit with your family. We will have one time use busy bags available for the children and we will be working to make the sanctuary as family friendly as possible.
- The Cry Room will not be available in the Sanctuary, but families can utilize the Family Life Center to worship via livestream with a one family per table set-up.
- Enter through the Sanctuary doors, which will be propped open to make entry easy. Expect to be greeted by our awesome staff and volunteers, but with air high fives and waves vs. our typical handshakes or hugs.
- Ushers will assist you with finding a seat to ensure and to maximize seating. Make sure your whole party is present if you would like to be seated together.
- Signage about checking for symptoms and wearing your mask will be displayed throughout the church.
- The service will be shorter. While we are really looking forward to being together, we want to minimize the time we are all in one space. Expect the service to last approximately 45 minutes from start to finish.
- We still encourage everyone to worship through singing, but for the time being, we ask you to sing softly.
- Dismissal by row will occur to minimize crowding in aisle ways. Think wedding type dismissal but without a bride and groom.
WHAT WE’RE DOING TO HELP YOU STAY HEALTHY
- Recommended distancing guidelines will be in place, including reduced seating capacities.
- Hand-sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the building.
- We will require all attendees to wear face masks in an effort to keep everyone safe.
- All doors will be open with the exception of bathroom stalls.
- All high-volume areas will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected in between services.
- Restrooms will be available and frequently cleaned and disinfected.
- No water fountains will be open or usable.
- Paper bulletins or other materials will not be distributed.
- Offering plate will not be passed. You can give online at standrewsomaha.net/donate or we will have stationary boxes where your offering can be dropped.
- We will be tracking attendance each week to ensure we have a way to communicate any health concerns that may arise after a weekend service.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- If you don’t feel well or have health concerns, please stay home and join us at standrewsomaha.net/watch-live
- Please wash and sanitize your hands often.
- Maintain a distance of six feet between yourself and other guests.