Join Our Team!
We are a highly motivated staff who strives each day to fulfill our mission of Sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ! We would love to have you join our team.
Now Hiring: Nursery Caregiver
St. Andrew’s United Methodist Church is seeking quality, loving caregivers to take care of children ages 6 weeks to 5 years of age in our church nursery. This part-time position offers a maximum of 8 hours per week. This is a perfect 2nd job with all hours being on Saturday night, Sunday morning and occasional weekday evenings with additional opportunities during special events. Competitive hourly compensation is offered in a great atmosphere.
To be considered for employment, a completed application must be on file. References, background check and drug testing will be performed on all applicants. In addition, the following are qualifications for employment:
- A minimum of 18 years of age.
- Hold a high school diploma, its equivalent or higher.
- A sincere love and concern for children, their families and people in general.
- Experience in childcare or in elementary education.
- A happy, good-natured personality.
- Willing to work in an environment that has religious conversations and curriculum taught in classrooms.
- Comfortable teaching simple Christian curriculum in the classroom.
- Comfortable conversing with people including difficult conversations.
- Dependable and prompt in attendance, and responsible about carrying out the duties set forth.
- Respectful of the authority of the KidMin Director and St. Andrew’s UMC’s Pastors.
- Able to establish and maintain relationships of respect, trust and cooperation with co-workers
- Must be physically and mentally able to work with active children.
- Willing to take classes to improve job skills, including CPR and First Aid.
- Able to easily lift 40 lbs.
Please send all resumes to Sarah Archer, KidMin Director.